Nov 9, 2017 SR Team
October 27, 2017
September 29, 2017
- Math Flexible Curriculum
- ELA Flexible Curriculum
- Social Studies Flexible Curriculum
- Science Resources
- Focus on:
- Utilization with West Central Flexible Curriculum
- Sample Progress Tracking
September 11, 2017
Statement of Goals
To review assessment literacy in the context of creating customized learning environment while utilizing best practices to support mastery
Weston #7 Grading and Assessment- where are we now?
Marking and Grading Practices - Weston CL Folder
- Highlighting Mistakes: A Grading Strategy
- Fishbowl with a Twist - 10 minute read, then Fishbowl
- Assessment We Use
- The Four C's of Assessment
- Quick and Easy Formative Assessments
Marking and Grading Practices - Reading and Discussion
Reading beginning on Pages 3 and 8
- Grading for Behavior Issues
- Incorporating Teacher Expectations and Judgments into Grades
- Using Zeroes as a Punishment
- Using a Point System and Averages
- Redoes and Retakes - Rick Wormeli
- Grading Homework and other Formative Assessments
- Grading on a Curve
- Allowing Extra Credit
- What affect will the marking and grading practices have on learner agency?
- So, What does Weston #7 need to change in your grading practices? Recommendations for changing marking and grading practices to the Planning Team.
- Rick Wormeli Symbaloo of articles and videos
"How did formative assessment inform your instruction or decisions this week?"
- Please add your formative assessment individually here
- CL Formative versus Summative Assessment Video
- 60 Formative Assessment Strategies
- Feedback to grow the learning
- Performance Task
- Add new findings to working document
What assessment will be needed to reach proficiency?
Creating Rubrics, Checklists, and Student-Self-Assessment
- Rubrics for tasks, projects, products, and presentations
- Student self-assessment
What tech tools have you been using for assessment?
What has TIE done for Customized Learning:
September 6, 2017
What are your perceptions of what Customized Learning means?
TIE Efforts with WBW
First look at Weight-bearing Wall process:
1) What could you do (different from current practice) if the WBW is no longer in the way?
2) Identify barriers that prevent you from doing this today.
3) What ways could you reduce/eliminate barrier?
Work Plan Development
August 16, 2017
Growth Mindset and Learner Agency
- Growth Mindset Presentation
- Mindset Quiz
- Effective Effort Rubric
- Helping Students Learn Growth Mindset
- Mindsets and Equitable Education | 2nd Site
- Praise the Process
- Mindset Coach Mantras
- Student-Teacher Relationships
- Equality versus Equity
- Resources to support Growth Mindset