Activity 2 - Flexible Curriculum Development Questions
Think through the list of questions below (adapted from Power Up, Diana Neebe and Jen Roberts, 2015) when creating a flexible curriculum unit:
- What should my students know, understand, and do by the end of this unit?
- What core skills and standards will students need to be proficient in by the end of the unit?
- How will this unit help students see beyond the "assignments?"
- How will this unit help them to become individual thinkers?
- How will student learning be assessed?
- What might be some road-blocks for my students in this unit? How will I help them to overcome them?
- Are there parts of the unit that students will do face-to-face? How can they be incorporated?