Unit 2 - Who Are Your Learners? WOW! Teacher and Learner Roles are Changing
- revisit learning theorists and learn about their influences on the concept of personalized learning
- evaluate their own learning styles and find ways to help students with theirs.
- study the stages of personalized learning environments and evaluate where they are in the process.
Read & View
- Read Chapters Two and Three in your book (pg. 37 - 110)
- Read Planning for Neomillennial Learning Styles by Chris Dede
- Watch the video: UDL At a Glance. Browse the website National Center on Universal Design for Learning. Write 3-4 paragraphs about this idea and how you see if fitting with how you design your classroom and email it to the class instructor with the subject Personalized Unit 2 Assignment 1. Be sure to include your name. Sidenote: In the TIE Reads lending library, we have the book Universal Design for Learning in Action: 100 Ways to Teach All Learners. While there is currently only one copy available, it might be worth checking out if this is of interest to you!
- Having really studied the stages of personalized learning environments, evaluate where you are. Which elements you are firmly rooted in right now and why and which things are you seeing yourself straddling. In the coming year, what is your action plan? What are you finding make sense to work on. Please remember this is a process and does not all change at once. Write 3-4 paragraphs and email your reflection to the class instructor with the subject Personalized Unit 2 Assignment 2. Be sure to include your name.
Please use the following rubric for the above assignments: