Unit 1 - What is Personalized Learning?
- gain a better idea of the meaning of the term personalized learning and learn about strategies to implement this concept
- understand how much this is being discussed on a national level.
- consider personal philosophies of education.
Read & View
- Read the Introduction and Chapter One in your book (pg. 1 - 36)
- Read Education Reform - Personalized Learning
- After reading about Barbara and Kathleen's stories, it is a good time to reflect on your story. What brought you to teaching? What keeps you in it? What is your philosophy of education? You may have had to write one for college, but most of us don't think about it after that. For this assignment, write your current philosophy of education. For tips on that, check out, Writing your own Education Philosophy. You don't have to follow everything on this page, but it should help you shape this assignment. Write at least 3-4 paragraphs and email your philosophy to the class instructor with the subject Personalized Unit 1 Assignment 1. Be sure to include your name.
- Look at Table 1.9 on page 23 in your book. Where do you honestly think your classes fit in? What barriers prevent you from moving from one side to the other? Write 3-4 paragraphs and email your reflection to the class instructor with the subject Personalized Unit 1 Assignment 2. Be sure to include your name.
Please use the following rubric for the above assignments: