Unit 2 Online Learning - Active Learning and Real-World Application
- Standard C: The online teacher plans, designs, and incorporates strategies to encourage active learning, application, interaction, participation, and collaboration in the online environment.
- Understand what makes an activity or assignment and active learning piece and how to engage students in the learning.
Read & View
- Read "Learning Online is not A Spectator Sport: How to Make it Active"
- Read "Active Learning in an Online Environment"
- Activity 1 - Exploring activities and assignments
- Now that you have looked at active learning, please write a unit for your online class, using what you have learned. Mail your unit and an explanation of why you did what you did to ensure active learning in your class to the class instructor with the subject Online Unit 2 Assignment 1. Be sure to include your name.
Please use the following rubric for the above assignments (this rubric will be used along the way for your class you are creating):