February 20, 2017
How to Assess in a Customized Learning Environment
- Defining Mastery
- Grading Practices Discussion
- Formative versus Summative Assessment
Mastery is.... My students are literate in my subject when they........
What are teachers in the Field saying about Mastery?
- Marking and Grading Practices
- Effective Grading Practices in the Middle School and High School Environments
- Redoes and Retakes Done Right
- Stephanie on Plagarism V-9
- Ten Grading Approaches to Avoid
- What do we as a building or district need to change in our grading practices?
Fair Isn't Always Equal - Rick Wormeli
Activity: Formative Assessment Strategies
Three Important types of assessment:
- Rubrics for tasks, projects, products, and presentations
- Student self-assessment
January 16, 2017
State Library e-resources "Quick Guide"
Digital Literacy: "There are more options that just Google and Wikipedia..."
- Curriculum Redesign
- Flexible Curriculum MS Math sample 1 and sample 2
- Digital Literacy
- State Library e-resources
Oct 10, 2016
- Mindsets and Equitable Education | 2nd Site
- What is your mindset?
- Mindset Quiz
- Growth Mindset Feedback Tool
- Khan Academy
- Symbaloo Lesson Plans
May 11, 2016
Link to shared folder
Examine Teacher Data
Reflection Process (Using process page from planning document, reflect individually first, then develop a team focus.)
- What does this survey tell us that we didn't know already?
- What implications does this have for professional development?
- How can we make sure our work goes beyond tweaking a structure and impacts instruction and student learning?
First look at Weight-bearing Wall barrier process
1) What could you do (different from current practice) if the barrier is no longer in the way?
2) Identify barriers that prevent you from doing this today.
3) What ways could you reduce/eliminate barrier?
First for 9-Month School Year
Now choose two more from the WBW Home page and do the process twice. (May be in groups or one group, depending on planning team size.)
Workplan (Using Workplan tab of the planning document.)
- Develop Outcome Statements and Activities
- Apply timelines and who's responsible
- Data for monitoring and evaluating
- Quality control