Leader Virtuoso Unit 1:
Read & View
- Read Chapters 1 & 2 of Eight Myths of Student Disengagement
- Myth 1: It's easy to tell who is engaged: what is engagement and how can I assess it in my classroom
- Myth 2: Some students just don't care: How disengagement is more than just a lack of student motivation
- Your assigned book Eight Myths of Student Disengagement lists several examples of self-report engagement tools or observation tools (table 1.3 to 1.8). Create/modify your own version of a engagement tool appropriate for your grade/content area. Enclose your engagement tool with 1-2 paragraphs explaining why you chose the items on the tool and email it to your class instructor. Label it LeaderVirtuoso Unit 1 Assignment 1 and be sure to include your name.
- Using the observation tool/survey tool you chose/created, apply this engagement measure with students. Summarize the results and your learning in 3-5 paragraphs and email it to the class instructor. Label it LeaderVirtuoso Unit 1 Assignment 2 and be sure to include your name.