Unit 1 - Leaders
Read & View
- Read introduction and Chapter 1 - Total Leaders - of Inevitable Too!
- Watch the video, It's Always the Leader
- Read the article, The Basics of Strategic Planning
- Using Figure 1.1 in Chapter 1 of Inevitable Too!, reflect how you are an authentic leader, visionary leader, relational leader, quality leader and service leader in your school/district. In other words, how do you define purpose, frame vision, develop ownership, build capacity and ensure support. Is there one area of leadership that you are the strongest? An area of leadership which is an area of need? What plan do you have to work on this area of leadership that you are the weakest?
- Examine the three reflection questions found at the end of Chapter 1 of Inevitable Too! Complete all three reflection questions including a rating of 1 through 4, a plan for improvement and support resources for each reflection. Email your reflections to your class instructor with the subject Total Leaders Unit 1 Assignment 1. Be sure to include your name.
- Reflect on the video, It's Always the Leader. Reflect in one paragraph or more how you, while in a leadership role, held the key to change in your school/district or organization. Email your reflections to your class instructor with the subject Total Leaders Unit 1 Assignment 2. Be sure to include your name.