Flexible Math Curriculum: Rubric Review and Ongoing Development February 20, 2017
Discuss: How are you using the flexible math curriculum so far?
Structural Rebuild| January 23, 2017
Update on Standards Evolution and Flexible Curriculum work: Curriculum Redesign
Update on Learner Agency
Customized Learning Check-in
What needs to happen to go the next step in Customized Learning? What does this team need to consider do to make sure we get there?
Potential Weight-bearing walls
- Flexible Curriculum
Teachers: find/design curr for choice and voice
District/TIE:OER -The possibilities for creating curriculum and what can be done to make it happen?
District/TIE: Standards evolutionMaine Small Sample
- Grading System
- Grade levels
- Currently customized on Thursdays?
- How is it going? Are people customizing beyond Thursdays?
- What does it look like?
Planning Team Document Update
Sept 19, 2016
Open Education Resources
- what’s happening in SD
- what’s happening nationally
- what you can use today
Formative Assessment: Resources:
- 53 Ways To Check for Understanding
- Tools for Formative Assessment, Techniques to Check for Understanding & Processing Activities
- 56 Different Examples of Formative Assessment
- General Task Question Bank
- Descriptors and Questions for Webb Leveling
- Verbs and Question Stems
- Think Like a Historian: "Wanna Make a Claim? Prove it!"
Google Forms Refresher
- Tutorial for getting started in Google Forms
- Free Technology for Teachers: 15 Google Forms Tutorial Videos
- Use images for answer choices in Google Forms
- 9 uses for Google Forms
Activity: Create a formative assessment using Google Forms
Gayville-Volin Professional Learning
August 16, 2016
In what areas do you think we have a fixed mindset? or growth mindset?
Collaborative Reflection document
- Do we as a society believe in a growth mindset? Why or why not?
- Is this what we were taught? Or how we were taught?
- For some of us, this is a challenging concept to believe in. Why?
How do we praise our students?
Formative Assessment with Google Forms
Did not do below
Higher Order Thinking/Complex Reasoning
Continue Higher Order Thinking/Complex Reasoning
April 25, 2016
Review of Bush Grant
Sign up today
Examine Teacher Data
- Effective Grading Practices in the Middle School and High School Environments
- 5 Myths About Mastery-Based Learning
- Self Assessment on Grading
- Assessment Reflection
Revisit Digital Literacy: "There are more options that just Google and Wikipedia..."
- inevitable too - Chapter 2
- Flex Grouping Reflection