Flip - Unit 3 - Assessment
- have an understanding of the Cornell Note Taking method
- explore mastery learning vs. traditional grading
Read & View
- Read Chapters 5 & 6 of Flip Your Classroom
- Read "In 'Flipped' Classrooms, A Method for Mastery"
- View "The Flipped Class: Formative Assessment"
- In Activity 1, you learned about the Cornell Note Taking method. Either using the video you created in Unit 2 or one of the videos you found for your class in Unit 1, watch and take notes using this method. When you are done, either scan your notes or take a picture of your notes and email it to your instructor with the subject Flip! Unit 3 Assignment 1. Be sure to include your name.
- In Activity 2, you read about and watched videos about Mastery Learning. Summarize your learning on this topic and give your views on the pros and cons of mastery learning. Email it to your instructor with the subject Flip! Unit 3 Assignment 2. Be sure to include your name.
Please use the following rubric for Assignment 2: