Unit 5 Create a Flexible Curriculum Course or Unit
Welcome to the culminating unit! You should now have a deeper understanding of what flexible curriculum is, sites that help to create/modify flexible curriculum, a pool of additional resource sites, and some experience adding to flexible curriculum.
- Experience one final way of developing flexible curriculum through Choice Boards.
- Create/curate content demonstrating your understanding of flexible curriculum.
- Discuss flexible curriculum and how you will implement it in the future.
Read & View
- Watch here for an example of designing flexible curriculum through choice boards and menu options from Joshua Schmidt, a former SD educator.
- Search the various examples of choice boards and menu options that can be found at Dare to Differentiate. Be sure to scroll down to see different content areas.
- As you come to the end of this module, what could your classroom look like with flexible curriculum? View the video, “Student-Centered Learning: Building Agency and Engagement.
In the activity, you chose one option to express your understanding of flexible curriculum. Email the link, code, or document to the class instructor with the subject FlexCurr Unit 5 Assignment 1. Be sure to include your name.
Write a reflection on how you thought through and incorporated the ideas of space, pace, path, and time when creating your flexible curriculum content. Discuss how using a site like Gooru, CK-12, TedEd, or TIE’s Flexible Curriculum could foster a more customized learning experience. Email your paper to the class instructor. Label it FlexCurr Unit 5 Assignment 2 and be sure to include your name.
Assignment 1 will be scored based on the rubric below:
Assignment 2 will be scored based on the rubric below: