Unit 3 Activity 1 - Exploring CK-12
In this activity, you will explore another flexible curriculum website, CK-12. In Assignment 1, you will produce a graphic organizer that compares and contrasts CK-12 to Gooru. So, as you explore CK-12, here are a few things to help guide your thinking (and how they compare to Gooru):
- philosophy and mission
- student and teacher usability
- parent component
- type of content/resources already available
- amount of content that matches your teaching context
- process of creating a class and/or course
- adding your own content...
You created an account for CK-12 in Unit 0. You can find CK-12 here.
As you explore, it may be helpful to view CK-12's "User Guide for Teachers and Parents."
Another helpful link is to a playlist of YouTube videos, "CK-12 Tutorials."