"Decisions that are made about what will be accessible to children help shape the kinds of minds they will come to own." --Elliott Eisner
Welcome to the module Flexible Curriculum from the Customized Learning Series-Guru! [Register Here] The current facilitator is Amelia Rose, firstname.lastname@example.org. For any additional questions, please contact Graduate Credit Coordinator, Kim Coronado at email@example.com.
The module uses videos, articles, and websites to develop your understanding of designing, using, and sharing flexible curriculum. Be prepared to explore a variety of sites that help you consider pace, place, path, and time. Welcome aboard!
All pages for the course are listed in the left column
The Unit pages contain:
- The readings and videos
- Links to the activities for the course
- The assignments to be turned in to the instructor
The Activity pages contain:
- The specific activity for the unit it is under
- The link can also be found within the Unit page
FLEXIBLE CURRICULUM COURSE OUTCOMES:
- Develop and refine your understanding of what flexible curriculum is and what it is not.
- Explore several online sites to help create a flexible curriculum.
- Adapt an online collection to fit your students.
- Compare and contrast online flexible curriculum sites.
- Evaluate online lessons to fit time and place within a flexible curriculum.
- Design a flexible curriculum unit.
These online professional learning workshops are paid for by districts who join TIE Membership. We intentionally do not put it behind a firewall so anyone can peruse the materials. If you are using this for professional purposes, please contact TIE to join Membership.