"Decisions that are made about what will be accessible to children help shape the kinds of minds they will come to own."--Elliott Eisner
Welcome to the Flexible Curriculum course. It was designed as part of the self-paced online Customized Learning Series - Guru! [Register Here] The current facilitator is Bailey Kowalski, bkowalski+FlexCurr@tiegapps.net. For any additional questions, please contact Graduate Credit Coordinator, Kim Coronado at email@example.com.
The module uses videos, articles, and websites to develop your understanding of designing, using, and sharing flexible curriculum. Be prepared to explore a variety of sites that help you consider pace, place, path, and time. Welcome aboard!
All pages for the course are listed in the left column
The Unit pages contain:
- The readings and videos
- Links to the activities for the course
- The assignments to be turned in to the instructor
The Activity pages contain:
- The specific activity for the unit it is under
- The link can also be found within the Unit page
FLEXIBLE CURRICULUM COURSE OUTCOMES:
- Develop and refine your understanding of flexible curriculum.
- Explore several online sites to help create a flexible curriculum.
- Adapt an online collection to fit your students.
- Compare and contrast online flexible curriculum sites.
- Evaluate online lessons to fit time and place within a flexible curriculum.
- Explore and add to TIE’s flexible curriculum evolution maps.
- Design a flexible curriculum unit.
TIE's online professional learning courses are intended for use by districts that join TIE Membership. The content is intentionally open so that TIE members can freely peruse the materials. If you are using this for professional purposes, please contact TIE to join Membership. Thank you.