Unit 4 Student Engagement
Read & View
- Read Chapters 7 & 8 of Eight Myths of Student Disengagement
- Myth 7: There's only so much a teacher can do: How to help students still struggling to succeed
- Myth 8: Student engagement is a student choice: Choosing to make the effort and not waiting for engagement to happen
- Your assigned book Eight Myths of Student Disengagement has several "Stop and Reflect" sections to each chapter (see Activity 1 above). Choose one or more of the reflection activities from chapters 7 and write 3-4 paragraphs of reflection. Your reflection should include the actual reflection topic and reference some of your learning from the book on that topic. Mail your synopsis to the class instructor with the subject Engage Unit 4 Assignment 1. Be sure to include your name.
- Your assigned book Eight Myths of Student Disengagement has a section "Text-to-Practice" in chapter 7(see Activity 2 above). Choose one set of these activities (e.g. 7.3) and try that activity. Write 3-5 paragraphs describing what you learned. Be sure to identify which Text-to-Practice activity you are using. Mail your synopsis to the class instructor with the subject Engage Unit 4 Assignment 2 and be sure to include your name.