Unit 1 Collaborate
Read & View
- Skim Learn Like a Pirate chapters 1 & 2
- Read more carefully Learn Like a Pirate chapter 3 (chapter 4 is used in the Reflect class, so not required reading here)
- View Five Levels of Networking for Collaboration and Engagement or this graphic
- Read Garnering Maximum Benefits From Improved Network Engagement
- Read this synopsis of the Five Levels
- Examining the Five Levels of Networking for Collaboration and Engagement, in what ways do the higher levels of the pyramid differ from the lower levels? How would you know or "measure" learners or teachers/facilitators reaching top level co-invention as opposed to the third level sharing solutions? Write 2-3 paragraphs that explain your thinking. Email it to your class instructor with the subject Collaborate Unit 1 Assignment 1. Be sure to include your name.
- Chapter 3 our assigned book Learn Like a Pirate describes several important aspects of learner empowerment:
“GIVE ME FIVE”—EMPOWER STUDENTS TO LEAD
ENCOURAGE ACTIVE AND PASSIVE LEADERSHIP
ASSIGN PARTNERSHIPS TO IMPROVE INTERACTION
USE RESPONSIBILITY PARTNERS TO RAISE THE BAR
TEACHING STRATEGIES FOR DEALING WITH CONFLICT
CLASSROOM MEETINGS PROMOTE IMMEDIATE CHANGE
THE MARBLE THEORY MEETING
USING SHARED READING TO TEACH EMPATHY
PROMOTING THE RIGHT KIND OF COMPETITION
Choose at least two of these topics to begin implementing in your classroom. Write 3-5 paragraphs explaining how you incorporated these ideas into classroom practice and how was it received by the learners. Email it to your class instructor. Label it Collaborate Unit 1 Assignment 2 and be sure to include your name.
2-Alternative: If you are currently not in a classroom setting, describe how a facilitator could incorporate at least four of these practices and describe specific steps needed to enhance success in their implementation.